Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

​Transportation Spending Accounts

To support commuters who use public transportation, we are happy to offer our employees the opportunity to participate in a Transportation Spending Account.   

Highlights of the plan:
  • This account is used to purchase tokens, subway and bus passes with pre-tax dollars for the employee only (doesn’t apply to other family members) for travel to and from work.
  • The maximum amount that can be set aside is $255 a month.
  • Any unused money at the end of the plan year, can be rolled over to the next plan year.  This is a unique feature of this account.
  • To participate you will log on to
  • If you enroll, you will get a Benefit Access Visa card from SHDR (Stanley, Hunt, DuPree and Rhines). Only the card can be used to access this benefit, receipts are not accepted.​
  • You can enroll at any time.
Eligible transit expenses are limited to employee expenses only; reimbursement is not allowed for spouse or dependent transit expenses. Eligible expenses include:
  • Mass Transit: Transit expenses incurred or paid for a pass, token, fare card, voucher or similar item for transportation: 
    - on mass transit (such as train, bus, subway or ferry), whether or not publicly owned; or
    - provided by any person in the business of transporting persons for compensation or hire if such transportation is provided in a vehicle with a 
      seating capacity of at least six adults (excluding the driver). 
  • Commuter Highway Vehicle (Vanpool): Commuter Highway Vehicle (Vanpool) Expenses are expenses incurred or paid for transportation in a Commuter Highway Vehicle if the transportation is in connection with travel between your home and place of employment. 
    - A Commuter Highway Vehicle is any highway vehicle with a seating capacity of at least six adults (not including the driver) and at least 80% of 
      the mileage for the year is for purposes of transporting you between your home and work, and on trips where the number of individuals 
      transported for work purposes is at least half of the adult seating capacity of the vehicle (not including the driver).
Additional information:
Please review the FAQ sheet and the original email content for more information.
Contacts for questions:
Please contact Contractor Care at 866-612-2739.